Always an enjoyable day

Nov 20 2017

Ron Wood

Fry

Number of Posts :

Well the fish are safe today. Was on the water at 7:15am, smoke on the water, it was beautiful, frost on the boat seats and upper 30’s air temps. There wasn’t any breeze until 9:30 ish. We fished all over the lake. Started with a black jig/trailer, partner had shallow running crank bait. We tried every combination we could think of. Nothing was happening until I put on a 4in green pumpkin seed worm, in back to back casts I caught 2  blacks off the same brush pile mid lake. By 10:30 the wind was blowing us up and over all the marked poles. I marked fish at all depths around every brush pile but I guess they had lock jaw. We didn’t try to target crappie, but a bag of minnows or tiny jigs in the tree tops might have been fun, my anchor couldn’t hold us long enough to seriously work the brush. Surface temps ranged from 59 by the dam/ deeper water to 55 in the skinny water on the south end. One of these outings I’m going to load up on bass. FYI, I’m open to fish almost any weekday if you need a second, just hit me up. Good fishing folks, stay warm!!

Posted By: Ron Wood