The Jury continues to be out @ 777

Apr 22 2017

James Hayne Jr

Fry

Number of Posts :

I fished from about 4:00 to dark on 4/22/17.  I am not the world's best fisherman, but this is the first time in memory that I was completely skunked.  Not even a strike.  I tried just about everything I had in my tackle box.  Temperature was in the low 60s, cloudy and pretty windy most of the time.  Water clarity was similar to the previous report.  Very murky. Beautiful setting and great to be out.  That's why it's fishing not catching.  But I'm glad I didn't take a guest!  

Posted By: James Hayne Jr

Apr 23 2017

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

Have you tried Escondido?

Bill

Apr 23 2017

Nicholas Borowski

Fry

Number of Posts :

I'll second what Bill said….give Escondido a try.  I am surprised at the reports coming out of 777 as it had really peaked my curiosity.

Apr 24 2017

James Hayne Jr

Fry

Number of Posts :

Thank you both. Yes I have tried Escondido and will go back!! 

Apr 28 2017

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

The first few reports have been slow. But, I can tell you that I have electro fished hundreds of lakes in the past 5 years. This lake was in the top 5% of all lakes we have fished. I do not recall ever seeing a lake with more 4 to 6 lb fish than this lake. Sometimes fishing is slow. We are not sure why the first few trips have been slow, but the lake is loaded with big fish! Somebody is going to have a great day….soon.

Apr 28 2017

Jerry Gaither

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

I fished the front lake of 777 last summer before they joined the club with the same results / did not get bit.

I did have a lot of success on one of their lakes near the back of their property.

Apr 28 2017

Jerry Gaither

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

the view of all the exotic wildlife is worth price of fishing if they will give you a tour of  property.