Tony Stewart

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 41058
Property Name : Flying J
Reservation Date : 09/29/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 107, 105 under slot. 1- 14", 1- 4 lbs
Lures Used : Swim bait, chatter bait, plastic worm, grass frog

Fellow member Erick Johson and I fished Flying J on 9-29-24.  Arrived before sunlight and had around 60 fish on the stringer within 2 1/2 hours.  We would catch 10 fish on 10 consecutive casts.  All of the fish were agressive and seemed healthy, but very small (10-12 inches).  The water was gin clear with the south half of the lake 100% covered with moss.  The lake was still pretty low and it was difficult to launch the kayaks.  A little rock at the launch area would really help out.  Just after lunch Erik landed a really nice 4 pounder, but other than that it was dink city.  This is a really fun lake to fish with the submerge trees in the middle of the lake, it just needs a few more members to go harvesting and get it back in balance.  The property is beatiful and very accessable.  It would be a great lake to take a person just getting in to fishing or a young child…. they will catch fish.  A couple of fish might even jump in the boat.  Over all it was a great day on Flying J and hopfully the club can get this lake back in ballance.

Oct 01 2024

Currie Covington

Fry

Number of Posts :

Outstanding and thank you

This lake is going to produce trophy bass

Best

Oct 01 2024

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Tony, 

Thank you so much for harvesting 105 small bass. That's ¼ of all the fish needed for the year!!!

Oct 01 2024

Adam Bellar

Fry

Number of Posts :

OK, i am gonna have to take my 10 Y/O nephew up here for a slay day.  100 fish day is CRAZY lol