Fun day times Flying J, 3rd time out with new guests and new Pond King Sport!

Aug 06 2024

Currie Covington

Fry

Number of Posts :

Fun times with 1st time guest – David Cochran!

We arrived early and 1st fish caught by 7:05 am!  David caught and landed 28 Bass and I landed 14.

Lures used included mostly Dark Sleeper Bluegill color and/or red or orange bellies.  David caught the majority of his fish Texas rigged no weight YUM trick worm in pictures.

We fished until about 1:30 pm before coming off the water Monday.  Lake is down likely 4-5 feet, and temperature lowest Monday high was about 100 degrees.  

Water color very clear!  

We could see the Brim beds and the fish on it!

You’ll catch the most fish on the East side of the lake, middle with hard timber, and all of the Dam North End.  The feeder creek starts on the SE side most shallow feeder creek end, all the way east side to NE corner.  Deepest we saw was 17+ on most of the Dam.  You'll find lots of Brim beds you can physically see.  

So, match the hatch and throw to the deep side of the Brim beds and all around them.

We harvested 36 fish!

I asked my guests at the end of the trips:  What did you learn?

David’s reply:

1. Check the lay of the land before launching Pond King.

2. Always be cognizant of your surroundings as you don’t want to hit your fishing buddy in the head with your casting. :)

3. When getting off the water listen to your captain, help winch up the pond king. 

Thanks again!