Fun day with 1st time guest, Brett Jones!

Jul 25 2024

Currie Covington

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 40516
Property Name : Travis Lake
Reservation Date : 07/21/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 40 Bass and 7 Crappie
Lures Used : Poppin frog, Ned Rig, War Eagle Spinner bait, Dark Sleepers, Senko, H&H spinner bait lure

We arrived by 6:30 am and fished until 3:00 pm.  We had to spend about 30 minutes in truck mid day with violent storms rolling through.

This property was a recommendation from another PWF member that I haven't had the pleaseure to meet and fish with yet.  I live in Prosper and this is the 5th closest property.  Thank you!!

Pretty lake with easy access.  You'll catch the majority of your fish along creek channel which runs from the Southwest corner feeder creek to the Southeast  corner Dam side which produced 3 of  the four, 5 pounders caught!   Also Brett caught a 4!  My biggest was 2.71!  He was on fire!  He also caught the majority of the Crappie and did that with Ned Rig.

Water level down about 3 feet or so from eyeballing.  The rain we got Sunday helped!  Water was heavy stained less than a foot deep vis and heavy tannin.  Made the fish have different colors as you'll see in pictures.

We caught 40 Bass and 7 Crappie!  We harvested 23 Bass and all Crappie!

We changed tactics after the familiar tap, tap, tap, bite as we knew Crappie were prevalent!  Then closed out afternoon, with Brett dragging the ole H&H Spinner bait deep in creek channel and slow moving from Dam side in creek channel towards SW corner.  Again, work both sides of creek channel and all of it when you find it.

I recommend this lake to all serious Crappie fisherman.  It's loaded with them.  

This was my 2nd outing in new pond king sport!  I highly recommend if you're interested.   Pond King is in Gainesville TX and they are terrific to work with.  I get lots of compliments.  

Best and thank you!

Jul 25 2024

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Great job guys. I love that lake. 20 minutes from me. Good big crappie there. And good bass too. Yup that creek channel is good. Also the white gate as it gets a little deeper going towards said creek channel. Fun time fun time always. Friendly cows as well. 

Jul 25 2024

Currie Covington

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By John Freeman

Great job guys. I love that lake. 20 minutes from me. Good big crappie there. And good bass too. Yup that creek channel is good. Also the white gate as it gets a little deeper going towards said creek channel. Fun time fun time always. Friendly cows as well. 

Thank you very much John and hope to meet / fish with you in the future!  Thank you for the recommendation!