Stephen Conover

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 40506
Property Name : Red Hollow Lake
Reservation Date : 07/22/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 10 / 15-16 inches
Lures Used : Topwater, swimbaits, chatterbaits, senkos, curly tail worms

What a beautiful place! One can easily tell that the landowners take great care of their property.  All the landscape is immaculately groomed and the roads are in perfect shape.  It is a real pleasure to visit a property like this.

Damita Jo and I arrived at 7:30am and were off the water by 3pm.  

The boat launch area is usable but muddy.  We got our 17” aluminum Tracker in without too much trouble, but if the water level drops much more it would be very difficult. The rear wheels of our towing vehicle were almost at the water edge.

We fished the main lake first and for several hours, catching most of our fish there before moving to the smaller lake.  Surface water temp was mid 80’s and visibilty was about 8-10 inches.

Although we didn’t catch a lot of fish, we had fun with the ones we did catch.  They are fat healthy fish that put up a real fight.  We thought that every fish we hooked was going to be a monster from the amount of fight they displayed.

No joy on topwaters or swimbaits.  Damita Jo did pretty good with chatterbaits, but then we switched to plastics, which seemed to be the bait of the day.

Damita Jo and I had a great time and would like to return sometime in the future.

Jul 24 2024

Larry Maupin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Thanks for the report, Stephen. I'm fishing there soon and can't wait. Hoping to hook a lunker!!😁