Thomas Reyna

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 40522
Property Name : Azalea Ranch
Reservation Date : 07/20/2024 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 31
Lures Used : Senkos, White Flukes,, Crankbait Crawdad colored

Great day of fishing out of this lake. Great looking property, fantastic boathouse with a great pontoon boat with three seats. We did 1/2 day out on this property and while we had a slow start in the beginning and quickly started to pick up once we started to locate the marked brush piles.

We seem to have the most success on the side of the lake with all of the trees and stumps.

We had our fair share of very healthy just above slot limit fish throughout the day. I would highly recommend you work each brush pile individually and when you find one that works, fish it out.

We had a lot of success in the 10-to-13-foot depth range. Pay attention to the drop offs and work those contour changes. We did see a lot of fish suspending but nothing would really take with that a lot of work. We found a pretty strong run on bass between 5:00 and 6:00 PM and it started to slowly drop off as in the day wore on.

While we tried a variety of different lures, they seem to really take on the black and blue colors on heavy weighted senkos and we had success on white flukes. While trolling we dropped in some crankbaits and picked up a couple.

These fish do fight hard, at one point I had what I thought was a line break only to find out I had a hook break. At first, I thought my braid had given up, but when I brought it in my braid was holding strong, but my hook was snapped on a Texas rigged Yamatanuki. That was my head scratcher of the day. We spotted loads of good-sized fish in the deeper water near the center but made no connections.

This lake is probably well suited for a quantity of fish. I didn’t expect to land any large ones, but we sure caught a lot of smaller ones. We culled 11 for the day but it was fun!

I didn't get to check out the cabins but if they're anywhere close to what you see on the website, you're going to be very pleased with this property.