Raymond McKinney

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 40462
Property Name : Six O Ranch
Reservation Date : 07/20/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 24 largest 18"
Lures Used : plastics

I got on the lake early early as i knew it would get hot quickly. There was no breeze but it was a magnificent morning at sunrise. I started on the east side of the lake by the dam expecting some schooling or active gizzard shad feeding frenzy that i have witnessed there in the past. didnt happen, although I caught some on a swimbait early. then I changed to fluke as they seemed to be IN the grass, and caught some more. I moved to the west side by the dam and and went to a senko. caught a bunch. moved again to an area i have always been successful with a fluke and could not get bit, go figure. moved back to the east bank past the dock and did a couple of drifts. caught a few more. then I moved across to the old tank dam and fished there for a while with a tx rig and fluke. caught a few more. then it got hot, reeeeally hot as the breeze quit altogether about 1. so i called it. perfect fun fishing day. Cleaned 16, put back 8, missed that many easily (lazy hookset kinda day).

i remain so very grateful to the ranch owner, who is always so very kind whenever i see them, for allowing us to fish this awesome lake. Great boat, great dock, awesome ranch… the list goes on. thank you PWF as well for making this happen for us.