Doug Johnson

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 40486
Property Name : Lago Escondido
Reservation Date : 07/19/2024 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 2 dinks
Lures Used : Purple worms / yellow tail

Wow is all I can say.  Fish this lake a lot and was looking forward to testing out my leg after knee repair kept me off the wter for awhile.  Day was still, warm, humid.  Water down another foot since last time I fished it.  Weeds have blossomed all over the lake.  Had to paddle out through weeds about 30 yards before I was able to lower the prop.  Even the area around the floating doc is weeded.  Area around the end of the other doc is sprouting lily pads all around.  Area around water peopes which is usually a great spot was weeded in.  Limited me to fishing upright timber scattered around the lake.  Tried everything fishing drop shot rig and Texas rig.  Only color producing a bite was blue/yellow tail.  Only 2 small fish which I culled.  This lake easily p roduces 15-30 bass in ½ half a day of fishing when it’s in good summer shape.   After trhing everything I gave up and was off the water by 10AM.  As in all the central Texas Club lakes, water is needed desperateely.  Who would have thought that a hurricane would hit the Texas Coast and Vermont gets more out of it than the Hill Country?  Just need to get a lot of water in these lakes or the fishing really won’t improve much.  Also, both gates are disconnected so the code son’t help you.  Got to manually open them and drive in.