Jul 12 2024

Geoffrey Sands

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 40454
Property Name : Cody Ranch: Moonshine Lake
Reservation Date : 07/11/2024 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 1 - 2lbs, 2 - 2.5 lbs, 5 - 2.5 to 3.0 lbs, 1 - 3.5 lbs
Lures Used : Dark jerk bait, plastic worm (purple), frog, crank bait, spinner bait

Arrived early at Moonshine lake for a half day of fisning.  Threw a Scum Frog into the lily pads with just a few bites upon arrival.  Paddled over to the timber and started throwing a dark colored jerk bait next to the sumberged trees.  Instantly started catching quality fish.,  Caught six in about 45 minutes – all above 2.5 lbs with the largest at 3.5 lbs.  Based on the bite, I moved to a different submeged timber area to see if I could find a bigger fish.  (Yes, I was greedy).  I promptly hung up on an underwater stump and after several minutes trying to retrieve and almost swamping the kayak, my lure finally broke off.  My only other jerk bait was solid white and it just did not produce the same results.

Needless to say, as quick and fast as the bite had started, it promplty ended.  I tried numerous other baits but with lesser results throughout the rest of the morning.  Most other fish where caught on a 10” purple worm fishing over and next to the weedline. 

Overall, a beautiful day on a beautiful pond .  Was blessed to catch 9 quality bass and 5 culls.  Water clarity was very high.  Lily pads surround the banks and are currently blooming.  Great time to be on the water on a great property.