Jul 11 2024

Jeffrey Robles

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 40421
Property Name : Signal Ranch
Reservation Date : 07/09/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 57 Bass to 4lbs.
Lures Used : Frogs, Buzzbaits, Spinnerbaits, Chatterbaits, Rattle Baits, Soft Jerkbaits

Well, this past Tuesday, I hit Signal Ranch for the 3rd time in the past three weeks.  This ended up being the best of the trips.  I went with a co-worker of mine and we caught 57 Bass up to 4lbs. We fished from 8am to 1pm and had steady action.  We did work hard for those 5 hours of fishing, trying multiple baits and techniques, but each thing we found that worked brought in bunches of bites in short windows.  It just felt like one of those days where you could catch them on almost anything.  Here’s the breakdown:

8am to 9:30am – fished exclusviely Topwater, caught 7 Bass on Frogs and 2 Bass on Buzzbaits.  Frog fish came from a mix of cover, 5 from the lilly pads and 2 from the grass.  The 2 Buzzbait fish came on the edges of grass.

9:30am to 10am – fished Spinnerbaits (3 Bass) and Chatterbaits (2 Bass), around grass edges and aerators. 

10am to 1pm – fished Soft Jerkbaits off an on around the aerators and through the grass.  27 Bass in total.  (7 of those fish came from fishing the small pond the last 30 minutes we were there.)

11:30am to 12:30am – starting fishing Rattle Baits around brush piles, But went back and forth with the Soft Jerkbaits. Caught 16 Bass, the 4 pounder came on a Red Eye Shad here.

Another great morning at Signal Ranch.