John Daniels

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 39968
Property Name : Grain Bin Lake
Reservation Date : 05/26/2024 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 14 largest 3.2 lbs
Lures Used : Top water frogs, jigs and wacky rigged senkos

Booked an AM fishing trip with PWF member Brad Wemhoener for Sunday morning.  The weather was forecast to be clear and hot so imagine my surprise when I woke up at 4 AM to thunder.  The rain was moderate but the winds were 30+ mph upon arrival so we waited at the bank for the weather to clear.  The water level seemed high compared to the last visit.  Once the lightning subsided about 7 AM the winds calmed to near zero.  I have never done well immediately after a storm so was excited that we set off fishing the shallows to the right of the launch and immediately had some action.  Brad caught a couple nice bass on a top water ribbet.  I caught a nice one maybe 3 lbs on my black top water frog.  We fished the bank all the way into the interior cove.  Saw a total of 4 snakes.  They kept their distance from us.  That area is just really cool. No action on the top water so we switched to t rigs and wacky.  Brad was doing well on the wacky so I switched to a black wacky rigged senko and caught a nice bass on the first cast with it.  We exited the interior cove and fished the west bank with some heavy jigs.  No takers on the jigs.  It was muggy, hot and blue skies at 10 am which worked out since we both had obligations in the afternoon.  Finished the day about 10:30 with 14 bass boated.  Most were about 2 lbs with one being 3.2 lbs.  Four culls.  Not bad for just a few hours and immediately after a storm.  Thank you PWF.