Larry Maupin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 39698
Property Name : Twin Lakes
Reservation Date : 05/06/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : About 25, 1-5 lbs
Lures Used : Senko, popping frog, Zara Spook, underspin, spinner bait

We took a chance on a rainy windy forecast which turned out perfect for topwater fishing, my favorite. Overcast most of the day with a light breeze, a few sprinkles and air temps from 65-80. 
Water seemed a little low but stained and clear to about 18-24”. Water temp 68 degrees. 
Started at the East Lake around 7:15 and found fish just about everywhere, mostly in or near the vegetation along the shoreline. Lots of action on our Z-man popping frogs. Caught about 20 on topwaters and about 5 on an underspin with a 4” Kitech bluegill colored swimbait, including the biggest of the day close to 5 pounds. The underspin caught 5 bass fish 50-100 feet from shore in 10-15’ water. All of the bass were very strong and healthy and obviously well fed. Only caught 2 dinks. Caught one huge crappie (quick released at the boat LOL)
The property is beautiful and fun to fish. We're looking forward to going again!

May 10 2024

Ben Roberson

Fry

Number of Posts :

Did you fish both lakes?  How is the road to the west lake with all of the recent rain?  I’m going tomorrow.

May 10 2024

Larry Maupin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Ben Roberson

Did you fish both lakes?  How is the road to the west lake with all of the recent rain?  I’m going tomorrow.

Hi Ben. No we didn't. The bass in the big east lake kept us busy. I couldn't tell you about access now. I fished there twice before and had trouble getting my boat trailer in and out and the fishing is usually not any better there, so now I don't try to go there. Im sure you'll enjoy your trip there. Tight lines!

May 10 2024

Ben Roberson

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Larry Maupin

Hi Ben. No we didn't. The bass in the big east lake kept us busy. I couldn't tell you about access now. I fished there twice before and had trouble getting my boat trailer in and out and the fishing is usually not any better there, so now I don't try to go there. Im sure you'll enjoy your trip there. Tight lines!

Thank you, Larry.