Larry Maupin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 39480
Property Name : Minor Lake
Reservation Date : 04/17/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 35 bass 1-5 lbs.
Lures Used : Senko, frog

My wife Susan took me fishing for my birthday, as we usually do every April. We arrived mid morning as the sun was breaking through. Susan caught the first, the most and the biggest, but who's counting? LOL. 

Her Senko worked all day, netting 18-20 bass for her. I used my trusty frog and caught a few then switched to a weighted shad colored Super Fluke then finally a pumpkinseed Senko. 
All were caught within 50’ of the shore in 4-8’ water. The launch area and along the dam to the house was the best area for us. The shoreline to the left of the big beaver lodge was very good also. 
Susan called it her best day ever because she's never caught more than 6-8 fish in a day. Catching 18-20 was thrilling. And the fish hit and fought hard. She called them "mighty” even the little ones. 

We both caught bass on the frog - huge blowups! Biggest of the day (5lbs) was hers on a frog around 6pm near the boat ramp. 

I think we've found our new favorite lake. I was there a month ago and we caught 30+ bass – all on topwaters with cloudy drizzly weather. Lots of fun and looking forward to going again. 

Apr 20 2024

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Great report. 😊