Brylan Madderra

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 39546
Property Name : Culpepper Farms
Reservation Date : 04/18/2024 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 17
Lures Used : Worm, Fluke, Senko. Wacky and Tx Rigged

Fished the AM at culpepper. Beautiful lake and was blessed with beautiful weather. Slight cloud cover all morning with rays of sun bursting through from time to time. Fish were active around the islands. Nothing with size. Biggest was right under 3lb and a few more around 2lbs even. A lot of dinks that were pulled. Lost 4 at the boat including a fatty pulled from the bank. Overall great day, and I plan on coming back and fishing a full day, as I didn’t get much time fishing the dam. I got on the water at 9:30 am and they stopped biting at 12pm, like a switch was turned off. 

Could not get anything on a chatterbait, still trying to make that lure and technique to work. I have friends who swear by it and I cannot find any success. What we did have success with was the tried and true worm/fluke/senko hat trick. Wacky and Tx Rigged. Watermelon red, pumpkin and green colors. Primarily Wacky and weightless. Dropped to the bottom with patience. 

Biggest fish came on a cast that I threw out.. I had to return an email (don’t judge). So I let it sit… once I hit send.. I noticed my line had changed locations and had the 3 lbr on. Add it to arsenal of fishing stories that are ever increasing thanks to PWF. Cheers.

About the lake.. Great concrete ramp, well maintained, easy drive and launch.