Brian Tadlock

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 38743
Property Name : Hat and Star Ranch
Reservation Date : 04/06/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 35 lmb up to 8.5
Lures Used : Fluke, swimbait w/underspin

We had a great time at Hat and Star this Saturday. All of the fish were healthy and good fighters. Most of the fish were caught in depths around 5 feet. We caught several 4 pounders, a 6.5, and an 8.5. Such a beautiful property and the cabin is perfect. I STRONGLY recommend the Birria Tacos at Mary's Authentic Mexican Restaurant in Gilmer. If you've never had Birria Tacos, you're in for a treat. These are some of the best.

Apr 12 2024

Steve Scanlon

Fry

Number of Posts :

Brian - 

What a great day man !!!

We are headed out Sunday and Monday …

Any thoughts about water temp?  Did it appear spawn has taken hold?  Many bass around the stumps, or specific parts of the lake?

Thanks for the report.. 

Steve 

Apr 13 2024

Brian Tadlock

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Steve Scanlon

Brian - 

What a great day man !!!

We are headed out Sunday and Monday …

Any thoughts about water temp?  Did it appear spawn has taken hold?  Many bass around the stumps, or specific parts of the lake?

Thanks for the report.. 

Steve 

The water temp was in the mid 60s. I’d say they were in a spawn/post spawn pattern. The 8.5 lber actually looked spawned out if you can believe that. I’ve been trying to post a picture, but for whatever reason it won’t upload. Anyway, the two biggest patterns we found were the two baits, the weightless fluke and the underspin paddletail swimbait, and the depth of about 5 feet of water. Everything else was pretty random. The 5” weightless fluke in just about any color was the big winner. It caught all of the big fish. The swimbait did well in the windy areas. Good luck!