Edward Coffey

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 39296
Property Name : Bluebonnet Ridge
Reservation Date : 03/30/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 4
Lures Used : popper, chartreuse ring worm

Not satisfying because I caught a lot fish, but because I overcame the elements. The lake has a lot grass on the surface and the wind was blowing hard.  Using the club boat I had only a few feet to get the trolling motor down and running in the right direction.  By that time the boat was pushed over the grass mat making the trolling motor useless.  So the wind pushed the boat over to the dam.  Fortunately there was 15 to 20 feet of open water by the dam and I fished it with a popper moving slowly straight into the wind by grabbing the overhanging shoreline trees/bushes more than using the trolling motor.  Caught 3 there and had another 3 blow ups.  Went up to the fence that is in the water and fished into the back of the adjoining cove.  Had another blow up there and caught 1 on the ring worm all the time working my trolling motor in and out of the grass.  Came around to the launching area side and the trolling motor stopped working so I was in the grass mat again.  I paddled back to the ramp slowly moving over the grass mat with the wind in my face.  After putting on the back up trolling motor I fished in the band of open water down the shoreline the boat ramp is on in the opposite direction.  Did not catch anything but continued to fight the wind and the grass.  So I decided to come in and leave.  Then I looked at the smaller lake, but did not have the desire to get into a boat again, so I bank fished.  Caught 7 on popper and 1 on ring worm there.  Despite the difficulties, I didn’t give up and get shut out even though it was a viable option.