I Watched Cows

Feb 20 2024

Ford Rhodes

Fry

Number of Posts :

I haven't gone fishing since November so I was looking forward to it. Got to the main lake around 11 and launched the kayak. The water was really dirty (maybe a foot of visibility) so I decided to cut my losses and head to the smaller lake since it was looking pretty good on the way in. I saw several bass, but no bites. The cows were on the hill and watching them entertained me for a bit, but the wind was eventually so rough I had to get off the water. I'd come back to fish the smaller lake if it was a stand alone reservation. 

Feb 21 2024

Alex Elrod

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Were you there yesterday? Monday the 19th? I saw someone had Bluebonnet reserved so I took on Tear Drop. To your point, it was ferociously windy at Tear Drop – I can’t imagine navigating what I felt bank-fishing but from a kayak. It beat me up. Maybe the strongest consistent wind I have ever fished in. I only toughed it out because I didn’t want to waste the trip since I was on foot – I would’ve left if I was in my kayak. It wasn’t until 1:30ish when the wind finally died down a little bit that I finally started catching a few fish but it was an absolute grind of a day…

Feb 21 2024

Ford Rhodes

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Alex Elrod

Were you there yesterday? Monday the 19th? I saw someone had Bluebonnet reserved so I took on Tear Drop. To your point, it was ferociously windy at Tear Drop – I can’t imagine navigating what I felt bank-fishing but from a kayak. It beat me up. Maybe the strongest consistent wind I have ever fished in. I only toughed it out because I didn’t want to waste the trip since I was on foot – I would’ve left if I was in my kayak. It wasn’t until 1:30ish when the wind finally died down a little bit that I finally started catching a few fish but it was an absolute grind of a day…

I was there Tuesday. I picked apart that west bank and then had to surrender and put the kayak away. I walked the bank and casted some, but it just wasn't going to happen. I saw some good looking bass, but came away with a skunk.