Tri Vo

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 38598
Property Name : Sandy Creek Ranch
Reservation Date : 02/19/2024 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 34
Lures Used : Crankbait, Rattletrap, Trig creature, Swimbait, Chatterbait

I got to fish Sandy Creek and it didn't disappoint. I knew the winds were going to be a little tough today but I needed to get out. It was gusting up to 25. Got started around 1230 and fished until 615. Water clarity was 3-4 ft and water temp was 52-53. I was able to find baitfish in 5-10 ft of water. Shallow bites were far and few as well as anything over 10 ft. Find the grass and structures in 5-10 ft and the bite was hot. The fish were likely pre spawn staging and feeding. Fishing 53 degree water vs 52 made a difference too. I was throwing a red rattletrap, bream color swimbait, black/blue trig creature bait, and a black/chartreuse color chatterbait. They all worked. I ended with 34 bass, 12 culls, and 3 crappies. The bigger fish were caught at the end around 6 pm. Love the fact the owner has the cull at 16". Thank you owner and PWF!

Feb 25 2024

John Cozart

Fry

Number of Posts :

There are three lakes at Sandy Creek.  Which of the three lakes were you fishing?  Sounds like you had a great day!

Feb 25 2024

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By John Cozart

There are three lakes at Sandy Creek.  Which of the three lakes were you fishing?  Sounds like you had a great day!

Looked like the first lake. Those fish could eat the other lakes fish until the culling gets in line. 

Feb 26 2024

Tri Vo

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By John Cozart

Hi John, I was fishing the #1 lake. I always enjoy the first one!