Sulpher Bluff Deer Trail April 17th

Apr 20 2010

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Fished Sulphur Bluff Deer trail with my brother on April 17th during the Fish Fry / Harvest. It was a great day for fishing. Overcast skies, temp in the low 70, light ripple on the water and water temp was 65, perfect weather for some Top Water action and that is what we did all day. We caught 20 fish in all and lost about the same amount. Our fish where all 13 ½ to 14 inches weighing 1 to 1 ½ pounds. Although, one fish did break me off after I cracked my light action Fish Rod while fishing a bubble gum floating trick worm over some matted grass. I never saw the fish but there were explosions in the direction of where my floating worm was resting (half of my worm was resting in the water and the other half was resting on the mated grass), my line started to move to the left and I set the hook. My fishing rod bowed into the shape of the letter C or maybe it was the letter U and that’s when I heard the loud crack. Needless to say, the fish was gone with the Pink worm. This was a lesson well learned and I knew better than to fish heavy cover with such a light action fishing rod anyway. I was just too lazy to tie my floating worm on to my heavy action fishing rod. This could have been my chance to take the lead in the Clubs Big Fish tournament, I will never know. We fished with Rage tale Toads, Bubble Gum (pink) floating trick worms, scum frogs (which all the bull frogs kept chancing) and electric green 7 inch lizards. It was very nice to meet Steve, his wife (thanks for the great lunch)and the other members (sorry I cant remember their names) We all had a blast during lunch by swapping fishing stories and experiences that we had when we fished on other Lakes in the club. There was one 12 year old Fishing Pro (sorry don’t remember his name but he knows who he is) that used a green tube bait and kicked all our butts with it.  I have to have a fishing rematch with him because he talked and laughed at my pink floating trick worm, besides I don’t like to get my butt kicked. He was by far the best fishermen of the day. He caught 2 or 3 fish from the bank before we could even get our boats back in to the water after lunch. I believe someone, not sure who that person was(Steve), said that they would die laughing if the 12 year old fishing pro caught any fish while he was fishing from the bank. Not sure if that person (Steve) have died from laughing as of yet but the 12 year old Fishing Pro did his part and put fish in the boat….Lol All in all it was a great day and I am looking forward to the next club fishing outing on May 1st at Six O Ranch. I will be better prepared for the fishing outing with more pink floating trick worms, Heavy action fishing rod, and of course I will be ready for my rematch with the 12 year old Fishing Pro, I hope he does show up because its GAME ON ANYTIME ANYWHERE!!!!! It was really nice to meet everyone