Jan 28 2024

Tri Vo

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 38356
Property Name : Hidden Springs Ranch
Reservation Date : 01/27/2024 PM - 01/27/2024 PM
Total Fish/Sizes : 13
Lures Used : Crankbait, Rattletrap, Swim jig, Trig salamander, Jerkbait, Chatterbait

We fished from 130 pm until 530 or so. Weather and water clarity did not work in our favor. The afternoon was windy, cloudy, and cold. The air temp was mostly 48 but the water temp was 54. However, the water was chocolate milk from all the rains. The lake looked normal pool level. Brought a friend and my daughter but probably wished they stayed home. He's a new bass fisherman for 1 year. She's not fully committed lol. They both were skunked. I brought a small helix bird which showed most of the baitfish were in the 4-12’ range. I caught all fish on the northern side of the lake. The majority of them were hammering a bright colored rattletrap and jerkbait. They didn't touch plastics that day. A lot of the grass and moss were still green under the surface. I could not get a bite in the deeper water near the dam nor on the dam. I couldn't get the big bite either. I ended with 13 and culled 4. Most were the size in the pics. Maybe next time when the water clears up. Thank you owner and PWF!