Tri Vo

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 38205
Property Name : Alysha Ranch
Reservation Date : 12/31/2023 PM - 12/31/2023 PM
Total Fish/Sizes : 25
Lures Used : Swimbait, creature bait, rattletrap, spinnerbait, crankbait

I got to get out on New Years Eve afternoon. The weather was nice. Water clarity was less than a foot. The overflow drain at the dam was running. I fished from 1230 to 5 pm. Actually, I brought a buddy who wanted to fish for catfish and crappie. We tried our luck for about an hour and a half at the deepest area just in front of the pier with no luck. Previously I would catch crappie on spinnerbaits & rattletraps in this area but not today. Btws, thank you owner or PWF for the new property jon boat. No more leaking at the transom from the old jon boat. My feet were dry on this trip. I remember having to bail water during the cold months haha.

If you like fishing shallow stained water with grass, this property is for you. Most of the time on my prior trips, I would catch them on spinnerbaits and rattletraps. It wasn’t happening today. I had to switch to soft plastics like the swimbait and creature bait. Watermelon/blue and chartreuse/white colors worked for me. I would cast to the dark first grassline and swim it back over the second deeper grassline. Doing this triggered the strike. The bass were cruising around 2-4’ of water. I ended with 25 bass and culled 10. They were all solid and healthy up to 4#. Sorry, I didn’t have any pics because my phone died on the trip. I attached pics from a previous trip at this awesome property ;). Thank you ower and PWF!