Jason Lee

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 38154
Property Name : Angel Lake
Reservation Date : 12/28/2023 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 12 total; 8 culled; largest were 2 3lbers
Lures Used : Drop shot, Shaky Head

Arrived around 7am and fished from the bank. Caught a beautiful bass with a lipless, but that was it for the hour. Blue skies, vis about 3-4’, very mild wind. Water level extremely low… maybe 3 feet or so. Still some healthy green vegetation near the middle of the lake, I thought the lipless would have produced some good bites, but that wasn’t so. 

Walked around the permiter, covered water with lipless and crank, but no good. Tried a swim jig, no good either. A slow finesse day it is. 

Swapped to wacky rig- and caught a nice 2lber, but that was it. Switched to drop shot and everything changed (6in robo worm watermellon magic; 6 inches leader). I think I needed maybe a 8-12 inch leader instead. I noticed that there were some fish very shallow (6-8 inches), and landed my first 3lber… and then I found the honey hole (Posted below). Minutes later landed another 3lber, then a 2 pounder the next cast, and missed another bite the next cast. I should have stayed at the spot the remainder of the day instead of doing a few more laps around the lake with the drop shot, but I was able to come back to it for the last 2 hours and caught 6 more with drop shot and shaky head. 

Overall, a decent day, happy with the results and I was glad I went. 

Tip: If you use the jon boat, make sure the plug is in. I didn’t notice there was one until it was too late and the boat was filled with water and had to abandon ship haha. I actually think fishing from the bank was the right choice because of how low the lake was, so I’m glad I didn’t take the boat out.