Stephen Ford

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 38035
Property Name : Sandy Creek Ranch
Reservation Date : 12/12/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 24/all under 14”
Lures Used : Mostly speed worm and lipless crankbait

I've been wanting to go fish this property with exclusive attention to the last body of water (#3). I knew from all reports that I would not likely be catching a PB, but I knew there was a chance for some numbers. 
I noticed that my work calendar had no meetings scheduled on Tuesday, and I have days to spend so I told the boss I'd be taking a vacation day.

The weather cooperated for a nice day, and the bites came in bunches. For a mid-December day, I'll take 24 bass landed in a heartbeat. I had a blast helping the harvest numbers. I assumed it would be a typical December day of jerkbaits, Ned rigs and dragging jigs. It turns out those little green fish wanted some movement instead. I gave them a variety of options, but the day started out heavy on the lipless crankbait. As the sun moved and the wind picked up a little, they decided they preferred the steady retrieve of the speed worm and swimjig. They hit like a freight train, so with every hookset I had optimism of a fish I'd get to throw back. Unfortunately they all came in under that cull length. 

Overall, it was a good way to spend a day off work. I can't wait to see the progress of #3 as the harvesting continues and the bass grow.