Markus Castillo

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 37786
Property Name : Sandy Creek Ranch
Reservation Date : 11/12/2023 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 12 bass and a lot of crappie
Lures Used : swimbaits, topwater, senko, rattle trap

We did the AM trip and wanted to get to work culling for lake 1 under 16". We fish this lake more than any other in the club and look forward to seeing this property progress and keep producing large bass. Our largest bass in the club is from here at 10.60 lbs and the bass here are healthy, hard fighting, great looking bass.

We arrived with temps in the lower 50’s with wind here and there. The morning started slow until we got near the drain by the dam and then we found a lot of crappie with some bass stacked up. We have caught a few crappie here and there but today, we caught around 15 crappie unexpectedly. All crappie were released.

We culled 6 bass under the 16” length and returned 6 bass over 16” ranging from 2.5 to 4.5lbs. When you hook the larger bass on this property, let me tell you, they do not disappoint and give you a great time. They were caught on the rattle trap and swim baits used. Thanks again to the land owner and PWF for another great trip to end this weekend. 

We used the frog, senkos, different top water action with little to no luck. My most used bait was the black and blue swimbait as the last two/three weeks that has been a go to. We had luck on the red rattle trap as well. 

Nov 13 2023

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Hi Markus,

Thanks for the report, glad you enjoy that first lake, it is good and should get better with harvest!  Just so you know, in addition to harvesting bass under 16” there we do also want to harvest any crappie that are caught.  Take the cooler and ice next time, plenty of fish tacos there ๐Ÿ˜.

Thanks,

Scott

Nov 13 2023

Markus Castillo

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Scott Quigley

Hi Markus,

Thanks for the report, glad you enjoy that first lake, it is good and should get better with harvest!  Just so you know, in addition to harvesting bass under 16” there we do also want to harvest any crappie that are caught.  Take the cooler and ice next time, plenty of fish tacos there ๐Ÿ˜.

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks Scott, I missed that update that we could harvest crappie and kicking myself now. I will be taking my mother out there soon. She loves them crappie. 

Nov 13 2023

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Markus Castillo

Thanks Scott, I missed that update that we could harvest crappie and kicking myself now. I will be taking my mother out there soon. She loves them crappie. 

That’s great, hope you get a good mess for her.  Definitely take a trip to the second lake, it is small but has cool structure and holds a lot of crappie along with some very nice bass!