Bill Nowlin

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 37494
Property Name : Harrison Ranch
Reservation Date : 10/08/2023 PM - 10/08/2023 PM
Total Fish/Sizes : 10 fish; half pound to 3 pounds
Lures Used : Senko, fluke; H&H; swimsuit with underspin; frog

Took my adult son and our lab puppy Sunday.  Upper 70s, bluebird, light NE wind that gradually switched to SSE.  Started at 4 acre lake.  3’ low, gin clear, zero surface vegetation.  Got a few on senkos near a laydown and off a point close to middle of lake.  No interest in H&H spinner nor bass-colored swimbait with underspin.  The puppy’s antics and unsolicited swimming did not help our cause :). The cover on this lake will be better when full as the small, adjacent “feeder” tanks will provide more variation in the shoreline.  We used the 14’ jon boat on the big lake.  The length and extra bench are nice but the boat is narrow (and wobbly with an excited 70 pound dog) and the transom where you attach a trolling motor is not sturdy.  This lake is also 3+ feet low, gin clear, zero surface vegetation.  Saw occasional blow-ups, mostly near shore, when bass were chasing bait into the flats. Lots of submerged tires, sandbars, and stumps in western half of lake.  Wind vacillated between 5mph from multiple directions to dead calm.  Based on previous reports, tried flukes, and frogs later in the afternoon, but only senkos worked.  Very modest results, but it was a beautiful day and worth another trip when lakes have more water.

Oct 09 2023

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Hi Bill,

Harrison ranch can be a challenge to fish with extremely clear water. Your right the boat is narrow and can be a bit ‘tippy’. Bill, I wanted to remind folks that we don’t allow dogs on property. We do this not because we are trying to be difficult. We want to make sure all dogs are safe. Over the course of many years we have had dogs get into fights with other “local” dogs and usually one of the dogs loses. We want everyones dog to arrive home safely. We just can’t take the liability risk for either dogs being injured. I hope you understand. But, members please leaver your dogs home. Thanks