Jun 27 2023

TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 36724
Property Name : Tara Lake
Reservation Date : 06/26/2023 PM - 06/26/2023 PM
Total Fish/Sizes : 25
Lures Used : Spinnerbait, chatterbait, crankbait, jig, trick worm, trig 10" worm

Got out to Muenster Tara Lake around 1230 or so. We had met the owner working on the fenceline as we were coming through the property. He was a nice older gentleman. He didn’t know we were fishing that day. After confirming and having a nice conversation, we headed out to the lake. The small stream as well as the road leading to the lake was dry. After reading Steve’s earlier post on Tara where the owner had improved the ramp, we decided to bring a 21’ fiberglass boat. Launching the fiberglass boat was super easy. We got on the water around 1. The water clarity was stained. We had noticed the water temp was 93 degrees, Wow. The shallower flat toward the creek was 96. I believe the air temp came up close to 100. Having a slight breeze every now and then was great. I think we fished about 6 hours, but we had to take a few breaks getting in the water to cool off. The fish were relating to any structure like brushpiles, rocks, stumps, and deeper grass. The dam was a good spot for them too. This lake is definitely shallow. I think the deepest depth was 10’ over by the dam. Dark blue was the key color for me. I saw alot of bait breaking the surface. They were mostly small bait. Most of the fish were caught in the south & southeast side of the lake. We ended with 25 nice bass and maybe 5 were dinks. Lost a few nice ones, too. I lost a few in the brushpiles breaking me off and 1 at the dam which had my drag screaming & came off. Dang, lol. They were hard fighters but you had to put the lure in front of their face. All in all we had a decent day considering how hot it was. Thank you owner and PWF!

Jun 28 2023

Travis Franklin (Flower Mound)

Fry

Number of Posts :

Nice work! We’ve caught a 9 pounder, an 8 and a slew of 7+ out of there. 25 fish is a high volume day for Tara. Love that tank, thanks for the report!

Jun 29 2023

TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Travis Franklin (Flower Mound)

Nice work! We’ve caught a 9 pounder, an 8 and a slew of 7+ out of there. 25 fish is a high volume day for Tara. Love that tank, thanks for the report!

Thanks Travis! I forgot Tara was a slow volume property. Maybe I didn’t do so bad after all. To me it just seemed slow. The fish quality was there though!