The wind began to switch - the house to pitch

May 03 2012

Robert Lundin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Fished Martins Mill Lakeside on 5/1 all day. The cabin is just great and very comfortable and met my wife, Gloria’s approval.  Now for the fishing, the wind howled all day. The boat was not usable with one person. From the dock to the dam was one cast then I was against the dam trying to get the boat off the dam.  I went back and fished from shore.  Caught 7 fish for the day. Two went 20 inches caught right at the dock on watermelon colored 6” lizard. Two were around 8 or 9 inches that I gave to my neighbors cats when I got home. The other 3 were between 15 and 17 inches. Caught 5 of them on a razor worm red shad and a red shad Kinami worm.  Very interesting site, could not get a top water bite in the morning or at night. Never got to the lily pads in the south end as it was so windy the pads were being ripped off and floating by the dock. I hope to return to this location in the fall with a little less wind.

Posted By: Robert Lundin

May 03 2012

Jon Frank

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Yea, this site is fantastic and so beautiful! But when the wind blows…...... forget it.