Chris Harper

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 36459
Property Name : Salt Lick Lake
Reservation Date : 05/28/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 29 up to 4.5 lbs
Lures Used : Popper, Small Swimbait on underspin, Tx Rig

I had a great day at Salt Lick on Sunday, the 28th. I fished by myself from 6:10 am to 3:30 pm and caught 29 bass and 1 Bluegill. I didn’t have electronics, so I focused on the weed edge and caught fish all around. Visibility was about 6 feet and mostly clear. A few areas were stained by the cows watering themselves, but they were no problem.

I caught fish on the popper early. I caught a few on a Senko and a few on a TX Rig zoom craw, but the most productive bait was a small cool baits underpin 3/16 oz 1/0 exposed hook with a Mega bass 3” spark shad. Most of the hits happened after slowly rolling it and killing it, so it slowly fell.

I have a good time every time I visit this property and look forward to my next visit.

Eric is doing a lot to make his lakes productive, so every time I visit, he seems to have completed another project. His dedication to improvement is noticeable.

Note; I forgot to bring plugs for the boat, so if someone is going, they might want to grab a few so you don’t have to switch them from boat to boat.

I plan to leave a few plugs next time I visit.