Keith Barfield

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 36395
Property Name : Trinity Lakes
Reservation Date : 05/21/2023 All Day - 05/21/2023 All Day
Total Fish/Sizes : 20
Lures Used : Spinners, chatter, senkos, flukes, top waters, crank baits

My guest Brandon and I fished from 9 AM to 6 PM on Sunday. First time here. After several months on the DL due to low water conditions, Trinity made a recent return to the PWF starting lineup (albeit with one less lake, Comanche).

With water temps at 78-82, we had a unusually calm overcast day and the “cold“ front may have dampened the bite. Water was stained at about 1 foot. We were ready for the inaugural Arrowhead challenge.  Air temp was in the 70’s for most of the day.

Got off to a slow start, but we caught 20 with 12 harvested (1.5 to 3 lbs)  Was hoping for a better numbers day since bass hadn’t seen many lures for a while. We’ll call it pilot error. 

Lake was full with water flowing out of pipe to Goose lake. See pic. Most grass is a few feet below water level   No real pattern, caught fish all over the lake except for the shallow north end. Only one at the dam. Fast-moving baits were preferred over slow presentations. Most fish were caught on spinner baits or chatter baits, With just a few on soft plastics. Sadly, only one on top water frog late in the day.

12 foot jon boat worked fine and stayed dry the entire day. Easy access west of I 35W. We did not fish Goose Lake.

I was a bit concerned about the PWF strict daily reservation policy. Late in the day about 36 bovine trespassers decided to wade deep into the west side of the lake.  No harm, no foul!

Many thanks to the landowner!