Six O 5/20 AM

May 22 2017

Billy Morton

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Six O 5/20 AM

My son and I got on the water at about 6:10 am with a cool (66 degree) mild wind (6-10 mph) and overcast morning. Water clarity was very good (I am never good at this but I am guessing 24+"). We started out throwing a pop'r and a frog. Not a single nudge on the pop'r but my son had a couple blow ups on the frog but no fish landed. We switched to plastics and still couldn't find a fish. After about 3 hours, my son switched over to a senko and he landed our first fish. About 20 minutes later I boated one on a crank bait. We picked up a few here and there on senkos and flukes. Around 11am they must have gotten hungry because the bite really picked up. I think we boated around 12 - 14 combined and only 4 of them found the inside of the cooler. The biggest was right at 4 lbs and a couple in the 3 - 3.5 lb range. All the fish were caught on the west side the lake around the grass and timber. No takers on the other side. The fish were all nice strong chunks. The quality of lake management has made a positive impact on Six O over the last few years. Another great outing.

May 27 2017

Billy Morton

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Not sure how this got posted here lol.