New lake at 777 Ranch

Apr 07 2017

Jess Mowery

Fry

Number of Posts :

New lake at 777 Ranch

I saw the email about the new property and it reminded me of a funny story.  

Brian Burks and I went to the 777 Ranch on a cast and blast trip during the 2009 dove opener.  We had a lot more cast time than we did blast because the dove were thick and even I could finish a limit quickly  

On the second day, we pulled up to one of the many lakes and our guide grabbed my tackle bag to put it in the boat.  I had some new Strike King shadalicious swimbaits that he had never seen before.  I offered him one with a belly weighted hook.  He pushed Brian and I off the bank and recommended a few areas.  We hadn't trolled more than 50 yards when we heard him holler and saw his rod bent to the handle.  Before we could get over there, he pulled out a giant bass.  It ended up weighing 11-3, and he caught it while sitting on a 5 gallon bucket, like he was bream fishing.  

You can probably guess the only bait I threw for the remainder of the trip.

Apr 27 2017

Nicholas Borowski

Fry

Number of Posts :

I know there's two reports on this ranch, has anybody else fished this place that can chime in?  First half of April seemed like it was booked for quite a few days.....curious as to how others did besides the two reports posted up for this property.

Apr 28 2017

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Nicholas,

The first few reports have been slow. But, I can tell you that I have electro fished hundreds of lakes in the past 5 years. This lake was in the top 5% of all lakes we have fished. I do not recall ever seeing a lake with more 4 to 6 lb fish than this lake. Sometimes fishing is slow. We are not sure why the first few trips have been slow, but the lake is loaded with big fish! Somebody is going to have a great day....soon.

Apr 28 2017

Nicholas Borowski

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originally Posted by Steve Alexander

Nicholas,

The first few reports have been slow. But, I can tell you that I have electro fished hundreds of lakes in the past 5 years. This lake was in the top 5% of all lakes we have fished. I do not recall ever seeing a lake with more 4 to 6 lb fish than this lake. Sometimes fishing is slow. We are not sure why the first few trips have been slow, but the lake is loaded with big fish! Somebody is going to have a great day....soon.

Thanks for the info. Steve....agree with you on what you said.  Hopefully we can see photos when the lucky person gets in on the fish :) {Quoted Post}

May 01 2017

Jess Mowery

Fry

Number of Posts :

I'm really surprised by the reports. All of the lakes at 777 are loaded with fish. Because it is so well manicured, we walked the lake by the lodge at night and caught 20 or so each night. This was after fishing all day and enjoying dinner and cocktails.