The BIG ones were moving in! (PICS)

Jun 03 2019

John Little

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

What a great day!

The four of us started at 1pm on Saturday. Slight breeze and off and on cloud cover kept it from getting too hot. Thick weed beds surrounded the lake but once through the muck, fishing was great.

We caught some big ones between 2-4pm & and the last hour… 8.55, 8.45, 6.5, 6.2, 5.5, 5.1 & 3 - 4.5 lbers, plus we released (32) in the 2-4 lbs. range and harvested (32).

Early best baits were Rage 8 inch worms-dark/purple or black with red flakes or black lizards with red flakes fished weightless or lg & small flukes (shad) or senkos (pink,motor oil/chart. tips) & frogs. Last hour tore them up with Zara spooks and frogs.

Fished Escondido the next morning (see report). If you want to double up on these two lakes..try what we did if your bringing your own boat…we left this lake and dropped off our boats at Escondido that night and stayed in Hondo and fished it the next morning. Cleaned all the culls at Escondido before we left at noon on Sunday.

Jun 03 2019

Cole Porter

Admin

Number of Posts :

Wow!

What a spectacular day! Congrats!

Cole PWF

Jun 03 2019

Scott Benson

Fry

Number of Posts :

JL,

Good show Mr. Little, I enjoyed the day and netting and photographing all those big ones for you.  My black bass went into the categories of released and culls.  Although I got one six pounder to the boat and he spit the hook on his last dive, what a day and what a lake.  I recommend it to any of the club members.

Scott Benson

Jun 03 2019

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

WOW!!! I am so glad that Leinweber is less than an hours drive. 

Bill