Fat healthy fish

May 19 2019

Mike Mehlmann

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Sunny Vanderbeck and I fished 5/12 afternoon. Landed 15. 2 culls. 8 fish from 3 to 4.75. Most fish were very fat and healthy; impressive considering post spawn. Caught most near spawning areas in cover with bait nearby. Jigs, swim senkos, flukes and swimbaits. One odd catch…the fattest bullhead I have ever seen engulfed a white swimbait. 

Jun 05 2019

Larry Maupin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Thanks for the report, Mike. Sounds like you had a good outing. I’ll be there Friday with my son. You mentioned catching them near the spawning areas - can you tell me what part of the lake that is? Thanks!

Jun 05 2019

Mike Mehlmann

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Sure Larry. On both sides of the back of the lake opposite the side of the dam, where the tree lines begin. And in the back right corner. However, water levels have stabilized and gotten much warmer. I would expect more to be in the trees and near the creek channel

Jun 05 2019

Larry Maupin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Thanks for the great info, Mike. I hope to put it to good use. 

Jun 09 2019

Larry Maupin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

We had a great outing, Mike. See my full report. Thanks again for your helpful info.

Jun 10 2019

Mike Mehlmann

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Hey Larry,

Looks like you you had a good outing.  Looks like you caught them in areas other than where we caught them…So, you did not need my advice ;)  Good intel for next outing.  

Jun 10 2019

Larry Maupin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Hi Mike,

That seems to be my modus operendi - finding fish where others didn't and can't catch them where others did. LOL

I guess that's fishing…