Found a Large one at Leinweber

May 05 2019

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

I partnered with Rickey King and his son on Saturday, May 4th, and fished from around 6 AM until 7 PM with a lunch break at Herman and Sons Steak House in Hondo (it is only 6 miles west on Hwy 90).  Nice place for lunch or dinner.  Now for the report:

Conditions:

temp: 60-85

water temp: 79

clarity: 3 ft

The last time I fished this property it was also with Rickey and he caught several 4-6 pounders on a white fluke.  I started with that lure along with a jitter bug and a frog.  No bites on those so I switched to a green paddle tail (weightless) and caught several (see photo of my 5.2 lb taken by Rickey - thanks), and several 3-4 pounders. Unfortunately, that pattern seemed to fade-out around noon. When I returned from lunch, I tied-on a jitter bug, several sexy shad cranks, and a rattle trap.  These were some of the lures suggested by the Bass Forecast app on my cell.  I caught several 3-4 pounders on the jitter bug and the crank lures (nothing on the rattle trap).  All were caught at the first "grass edge" from the bank.

About 6 PM is was on the side opposite the dam near the channel on the side where the boat is stored.  I caught a 7.2 pound, 23 3/4 inch beast (see attached photo).

Definitely putting Leinweber on the tops of my list.

Bill Fetech

Bill

May 05 2019

Tom Dillon

Toad

Number of Posts :

You had a good day, Bill - way to go!

May 05 2019

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

Tom. Thanks. I was hoping the recent rains would not hamper the bite. 

May 06 2019

Wayne Pruitt

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Congrats Bill…Good Job on the Big One…............

May 06 2019

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

Thanks. I knew there were some big ones at Leinweber and was finally able to get a couple. 

May 07 2019

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

I was just informed that my 23 3/4 inch bass is in 3rd place in the contest. 

May 07 2019

Wayne Pruitt

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Sweet, I think you are just behind my 24 incher that is in second place…...................sure think we are going to get smoked before it is said and done with some bigger LMB! Hopefully not…............we still have a little time ourselves to catch bigger as well…..................

May 07 2019

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

I have bested myself before. 

Good luck!!